At Datec, we design, test, and manufacture application-specific, high-performance heating solutions for our clients.
Recently, we developed an aluminum-based heater for a lightweight, battery-powered device used to treat cancer in underdeveloped parts of the world.
The client required a medical device that could be used to thermally destroy cancerous cells. Traditionally, such lesions have been treated through cryotherapy, in which a probe reaches the target cells and the lesion is frozen, thereby killing the tissue.
Cryotherapy technology relies on a constant supply of refrigerant gas, which is expensive and difficult to transport, rendering it unfeasible in many underdeveloped parts of the world where the procedure is needed most.
The result was a portable and lightweight device with a long battery life that could provide this life-saving treatment.
Our ability to print thick film directly onto aluminum was essential for the compact requirements of this device.
Datec is a custom heating element manufacturer specializing in thick film heating solutions. Our solutions are ideal for industries such as: commercial food service, medical devices, electronics, automotive, and appliances. From prototyping to joint development, learn more about how Datec can work with your team.
- Will Parts Manufacturing and Research into New Technology Save the Canadian Automotive Industry?
- Global Heating and Controls Manufacturer, E.G.O.- Group Makes Strategic Investment in Datec Coating Corporation.
- Datec Heats Up Thick Film in Green Cars.
- Highlights from the 2019 NAFEM Show - February 26, 2019
- Featured Solution: Portable Cancer Treatment Device for Underdeveloped Countries - January 17, 2019
- Season’s Greetings from Datec Coating - December 17, 2018
- Will Parts Manufacturing and Research into New Technology Save the Canadian Automotive Industry? - December 6, 2018
- Global Heating and Controls Manufacturer, E.G.O.- Group Makes Strategic Investment in Datec Coating Corporation - October 30, 2018
- Welcome to Our New Website! - October 1, 2018
- Datec Heats Up Thick Film in Green Cars - July 20, 2017
- Datec Coating Awarded ASIP Funding - July 19, 2017