The foodservice industry has been evolving for many years, but only in the past 70 years have speed, convenience, and consistency been so necessary to restaurant and food preparation operations, arguably propelled by the ‘McDonaldization’ of the industry. Not only are foodservice retailers needing to “keep up” in these categories, but they need to do it in style!
With thick film technology and stylish glass heating surfaces, it’s easy to modernize your foodservice, warming stations, and kitchen space while maximizing operational and production efficiencies, and cutting costs without sacrificing quality.
Some of the benefits that can be taken advantage of by food industry retailers include:
Quick, Reliable & Precise
Heating and keeping food warm on glass equipped with thick film will have the food that is served to customers heated quickly, reliably, and evenly in the areas where you want heat concentrated. While warming with glass and thick film technology cuts down on time, it also has a 99.99% uptime over a tested 48 million hours of operation and provides you with a long-term solution to your culinary service needs.
One of the big benefits of choosing glass as a substrate is that glass elements heat up vertically, meaning that you can pinpoint the areas of the surface that you want to heat up. Similar to glass cooktops on stoves, you can keep select areas of the element cool, while increasing the temperature to suit your needs in other areas. This minimizes risk of accidents and burns, as well as unnecessary energy consumption. By leveraging the power of glass and thick film, you will also be able to keep your food uniformly warm with no ultra-hot or cold spots.
Eye-Catching Aesthetics & Easy Clean-Up
The undeniably sleek design of glass food warmers and cooktops is too beautiful not to mention. While other formats of warming stations can look bulky, dated, and quickly get messy, a smooth glass surface will help kitchens appear modern and polished. Not only will it be easier on the eyes, but it will also be much easier to clean and maintain!
Space, Energy & Cost Saving
Thick film technology allows for heating elements to be printed directly onto glass and other substrates to give you super slim fittings which can save materials, cost, and give you more space for other food preparation essentials. Typically applied to surfaces less than 0.3 mm in thickness, it’s safe to say that this technology is used to working well under pressure!
With a low thermal mass, food industry retailers using heating elements equipped with thick film will enjoy conserving energy while maximizing efficiency and reducing operating costs without compromising on performance.
Flexible Voltage Capabilities
Whether you’re in need of low-voltage or high-voltage warming solutions, this technology printed on glass is up to the task. Datec thick film heaters can be designed for voltages as low as 3.7 volts and as high as 800 volts, which means that regardless of whether you need heating power for larger appliances or smaller, portable applications, you’ll have the heat you need to keep products warm.
For over 20 years, Datec has been creating customized heating solutions for many industries, including commercial food service, medical and precision devices, electronics, automotive, and appliances. We specialize in our patented thick film technology, working with our customers to fully understand their wants and needs, and ultimately deliver them a finished product that provides superior performance and is designed to provide them with immediate and long-term return on their investment. Our team of engineers is continually researching and refining our technology, to ensure that our clients receive only the best and most cutting-edge solutions.
Datec is a custom heating element manufacturer specializing in thick film heating solutions. Our solutions are ideal for industries such as: commercial food service, medical devices, electronics, automotive, and appliances. From prototyping to joint development, learn more about how Datec can work with your team.
• Will Parts Manufacturing and Research into New Technology Save the Canadian Automotive Industry?
• Global Heating and Controls Manufacturer, E.G.O.- Group Makes Strategic Investment in Datec Coating Corporation.
• Datec Heats Up Thick Film in Green Cars.
- Providing Essential Products - June 4, 2020
- Collaborative Engineering, Shorter Cycle Times and New Technology Drive Datec’s Growth Story in 2019 - January 27, 2020
- Thick Film Heaters Can Power Your Industrial Design - January 9, 2020
- Season’s Greetings from Datec Coating - December 17, 2019
- Modernizing the Food Industry with Thick Film and Glass Heating - September 25, 2019
- Highlights from the 2019 NAFEM Show - February 26, 2019
- Featured Solution: Portable Cancer Treatment Device for Underdeveloped Countries - January 17, 2019
- Season’s Greetings from Datec Coating - December 17, 2018
- Will Parts Manufacturing and Research into New Technology Save the Canadian Automotive Industry? - December 6, 2018
- Global Heating and Controls Manufacturer, E.G.O.- Group Makes Strategic Investment in Datec Coating Corporation - October 30, 2018